Wednesday, February 15, 2006

fbpanel - Alternative for Gnome panel

If you can't live without gnome panel stuffs, considering yourself have another alternative which is recommended by my friend - fbpanel , it offers similar functions yet without relying much on other libraries, I quickly download all the fbpanel to my OpenBSD box and try to get it installed, after solving the compile errors, I finally get it worked on my OpenBSD box, here's how I have done it.

shell>wget http://jaist.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/fbpanel/fbpanel-4.3.tgz

shell>pkg_add ${PKG_PATH}glib2-2.8.4

shell>pkg_add ${PKG_PATH}gtk+2-2.6.10p1

shell>./configure --prefix=/usr/local/stow/fbpanel --cpu=off

shell>gmake && gmake install

If you don't have gmake installed, you should install it first via package or port.

Here's the screenshot of fbpanel with it's configuration box.


We all love Open Source, you always have choices and freedom!!!!!

No comments: